Resolutions for 2K17

2016 has been a roller-coaster ride. There were many good times, and with that I faced many downfalls and close to the end of the year, I hit rock-bottom. I fell into depression, and the one month felt like 1000 years passed on.

But with that, I learn to stand up again on my own two feet. I learn to not depend on someone wholeheartedly, and most importantly, I learn to love myself more. I think that I’ve been neglecting myself way too long, always trying to make others happy. It’s been a while since I really did what I wanted, and the last few weeks of 2016 made up for it.


2017. I don’t know what’s going to happen this year. I don’t really know what are the expectations I’m going to set for myself along the way. But what I do know, is that I’m never taking relationships lightly again. And no, I’m not referring to bf/gf kind of relationships. I’m referring to friends and family kind of relationship.

So with every new year new resolution bullshit that I’ve always hated and resented (because it seemed pointless), I’m actually gonna list down what I feel/think I should do/accomplish this year.

Earn my friends back
Yes, I have a habit of pulling myself away whenever I feel like it. But this has to go, because in the darkest times of my life, I needed someone to listen to my woes badly. And I had nobody.

Improve on family relationships
Family stays as one, forever and always. Everyone can leave you, but your family will always stay by your side, no matter how deep your shit is. So by family, I mean firstly is of course the immediate ones like my parents and my sister (technically it was never strained, but it could have been better). Then come the cousins, and those related by marriage. The one person that made me feel like family even when she’s only an in-law to my sister helped me realized that you don’t really need an actual relation for you to feel like you’re family to others.

Continue my studies – for reals!
This year, I’m going back to school after a long halt. It’s going to be over 8-month, and I’ll finally earn that scroll which will enable to me to push myself one step higher. It’s going to be rushing, definitely. And I will be stressed out juggling work and school. But I need to discipline myself to last through this. Well, pejam kelip pejam kelip da habis kan?

Continue and maintain my business
We will do a soft launch mid-January, and like every other business person I hope that we can soar through this phase of life, and maintain a profitable business over the years. It takes up the only time I have for myself after dividing my time between work and school, but nothing is free in this world. In order to succeed, you have to break yourself and give something up in order to earn more.

Settle my student loans and be debt-free
I can never say that I’m debt-free as long as I’ve this student loan still on outstanding. Told myself to give it until July 2017, and I’m going to really end it all in July. Tick tock tick tock, 7 months to go. I can do this; I have to do this.

If you realise, some of the goals for 2017 clashes with my bucket list, and it’s all good for me. Sambil menyelam minum air ya’know? There will definitely be others of course, but I think those are not major enough for me list it as part of my 2017 goals. If I accomplish more, good for myself. If not, then I’ll be contented so long as I manage to do those that I’ve stated above.

May 2017 be a better year for all, filled with happiness and rizq’ for everyone. The world is getting older, and so the day of the judgement is getting closer. Are we ready to die yet?

Xox,