I
just realize that I kept this post as a draft, and it’s supposed to be
published on my sister’s birthday or the day after. Hahaha. K nevermind, better
late than never.
#throwbackpost
So,
like every other year on the 10th June, it’s my one and only sister’s
birthday!! Woooohoooo. This year, it’s a little different because her birthday
falls on Ramadhan, and so nothing fancy for her birthday treat. But! Before we
talk about the 10th itself, let’s go back to one day before.
It’s
the 9th June. The date we set for iftar with #gengbirdghost. A
humble iftar over at my sister’s place. Decided to do potluck so as to avoid
over-spending. Since I was from work, I was exempted for it. Hehehe. During
sahur, Nad texted me asking if we should buy a cake for my sister and celebrate
her birthday in advance, so I was like I’m good with anything. Even if you guys
aren’t doing it today, I’ll do it tomorrow. End up getting a cake from Chef
Yamashita (best decision ever!). So the evening came and everyone was already
there except for Amy, AH & myself. Can’t help it but just couldn’t make it
on time.
Texted
Nad to standby at the lift lobby to surprise my sister. It was going well…
until Danish came and said it out loud “Eh, whose birthday is it? There’s a
cake!” Bammm. There goes the surprise. Nevertheless, it was still a happy occasion.
All of us went to Geylang after that, jalan2
for a while before calling it a day.
(will upload the video once i've cut it, blogger has a size limit.)
The
next day, it was my family’s turn to celebrate my sister’s birthday. Got
another cake from Chef Yamashita (can’t get enough of it), and hurried back
home after work. Steamboat for Iftar yo!
All
of them were nice enough to wait for AH & myself to reach before starting
the steamboat. It was a nice moment, all of us spoke about the littlest thing
and bonded over prawns. Lol. This time, I manage to surprise my sister because
I repeatedly told Danish to keep mum about it.
Okay
so that’s it for my sister’s birthday celebration cum iftar. I hope that she
likes it even though it was nothing fancy.
So
here’s to a big fat Happy Birthday to my one and only irrinoying sister. May
you always be blessed and be happy alongside your loved ones. May your kids
grow beautifully and treasure you. We argue and don’t agree on all things, but
you’re still my sister and I’ll love you forever!
Xox,






