Good Mon-dane morning ya’ll. J
It’s a rainy morning and again, I didn’t feel like
waking up for work. Actually I woke up at 4:30am, which is weird – but then I
slept again and woke up close to 7am.
Anyway, last Friday was Kak Yati & Abg Nordin’s
solemnization. I took half day, and AH fetched me from work. We reached there
earlier than expected – and I got to watch the MUA did her magical touch on the
bride’s face. I love how she emphasized more on the eyes and it wasn’t heavy. The most important part: EYEBROWS.
Kak Siti came over at 3pm, and we did last minute
packing and stuff. Tok Kadi arrived at 5pm and we were told that the Kadi can’t
wait as he has another solemnization scheduled. But one of the witness wasn’t
there and they wanted to wait for that particular witness. So it was postponed
to 8pm instead.
The dinner went on as usual. I got agitated many
times at how snobbish certain people are, even when I was smiling. Lucky me,
there were people who spoke to me which got me occupied throughout the 4 hours
there. 8pm came, and the bridegroom got even more nervous.
I swear during the solemnization some people were
just plain rude to be passing out negative comments when the groom stumbled his
words and was nervous as hell. Some were still having conversations loudly
while the Kadi was speaking. If it was MY
solemnization, I would have asked them to leave. I don’t need such people at my
event.
Anyway, the groom got it right on his third try.
Alhamdulillah.
بَارَكَ اللّهُ لَكَ وَبَارَكَ عَلَيكَ
وَجَمَعَ بَينَكُمَا فِى خَيرٍ
Barakallahu laka wa baaraka 'alaika wa
jam'a bainakuma fi khair
(May Allah bless you and bless your
counterpart and may Allah tie your union with virtue)
Did I mention that the Onde-Onde cake was to die for? It was so deliciously finger-licking good that one slice wasn't enough. The cake was moist and light, the gula melaka was just nice of a portion, and I love the kelapa icing which makes it yummy! The only downside was that it cost $200 for a one-tier wedding cake. Not sure if it's because of it being a wedding cake or it's just a market rate. I'm gonna find out where she got the cake from.. Hehehe :D
The event ended well after that, and we went back to the hotel to sort of things to bring home. It was close to midnight and everyone was lethargic from all the greeting of guests, etc.
Overall, I think that the event was a smooth one despite a few hiccups. Nur Indah were accomodating to our requests and the food was delicious. I only manage to ate few of the dishes, but people said that the food was good, and the portion was more than enough. Many were happy that they get to tapau the food after the event is over, and there was no restrictions on that.
So basically that's it. Am gonna have another outing with them this Saturday. Yay to karaoke? :P
That's all for now!
Xox,

