#DanishTurns5

Hello people. Hope you’ve made full use of the PH weekend last week.

My family had Danish’s birthday chalet that weekend. Remember in my previous post I was saying about my closest cousins not coming? Well, in fact, none of them turned up for that event. I knew deep down that my dad was slightly affected by it. But not me. In fact, I was more than glad cause well you know. Even though you’re related by blood, doesn’t mean that you have to be closer to them. I was really glad that the people who grew closer to us were there to join us and help out in this mini gathering.

Okay so, I was supposed to work in the morning on Friday. But I realized that there’s still lots of things to be done and me going to work means I have to leave it all to my mom and my sister – which is kesian – so I changed it to a full day leave. Finish up the packing and made our way to Changi. Met Princess there, since we’re using her name. The T&C was ridiculous and checking-in took almost half hour.

It was 6pm, and we were finally at our bungalow. I should have chosen Chalet G instead of I, because then we will have the seaview and more space upfront. And because ours was the first, there was a sharp turn leading into our chalet, which causes most of the vehicles to get stuck due to the steep slope-turn down.

Unpacked, showered, then prepared dinner. Shortly after, Amir & family along with Mus came down. AH came along slightly later, and he too helped out whenever needed. Yeap, the heroes for the night. Super grateful to them because without them, it would have been a quiet night. Without them, we would be short of manpower.

The next day, we got the birthday cake from Batter Chatter, slightly disappointed with the edible print, and the cake was bloated towards the center. The sponge was dense, and the sponge to cake ratio was not appropriate. But since that’s the cake we ordered, we just made do with it. My dad insisted that I go back to her to tell her the issue in which I refused, since there’s nothing much that she will be able to do either.

The BBQ was doing great, and the dory especially was a hot item. Syina was asking me how I marinated the fish that even her husband liked it when he doesn’t eat fish. It was a little weird that the chicken was going rather slow. They went for the otah2, prawn, hotdogs, corn. At least, the food was consumed and not wasted.

Danish got his fair share of presents. And they enjoyed beating the piñata, although ultimately it was my sister who broke it. (-.-)

That’s the summary of it. Many thanks to:
  1. Princess (Maszura) for letting me use your CS card to book for the chalet in advance
  2. Amir, Mel & Mus for helping out with the BBQ and deco and just being noisy
  3. AH for the additional table and stand fan, and also helping out at every other thing
  4. Batter Chatter for the cake, despite the so-so review
  5. Smurfette (Nazilah), Rab & sis for coming
  6. #gengbirdghost + mama Kamsan for coming and being yourselves
  7. The others who doesn’t concern me, but still came to the event
Pictures are still in my camera, and will be uploaded hmm soon?

Until next,


Xox,