CNY '16 Part 1 - Jakarta

Note: Post was drafted on 10.02.16

Yooooohhhoooo.. :) Blessed that this week is a 3-day work week but waking up in the morning has been a pain in the ass lately. I've been waking up around 7:30am and it's causing a hole in my pocket since I end up cabbing to work. Bleargh. :/

Anyway, I'm going to write about my amaze-balls trip with the crazy dongsaeng but work sunbae. Get it get it?

06/02

We agreed to meet between 5:15 to 5:30am. Rina kept on saying she's afraid she might just not wake up on time. Guess what happen? I was the one who overslept. She texted me at 4:57 saying that she's on the way to airport, and it was at that moment that my mom knock on my door, You have NO idea how I felt when I saw what time it was.

Panic alert. Rushed out to wake AH and showered (record-breaking time of 8 mins - including shampoo-ing my hair). Glad I've put out what I'm going to wear so I'm ready within 15 minutes. Can you believe it? I can't.

Anyway, AH was taking his own sweet time and I swear I was ready to just curse at him but my mom was there. He made it up by driving super fast and I reached Changi Airport at 5:40am. Sorry Rina! & thank you AH!



Checked-in & got my much needed coffee then it was a mini smoke session while waiting to board. We got emergency row seats! Love the extra legroom. Still getting used to Rina talking to herself & video-ing it. Kinda funny, but manageable. :)


How was is in the flight? Selfie, selfie, boomerang, selfie, video, music, eat, sleep, wake up, selfie, selfie, boomerang. Hahahahah.

Tip: Don't order Muslim meal when on Garuda cause they don't serve pork. The breakfast we had was terrible! The chicken was so salty I ended up eating the fruits.


Met with Tante 2 & her husband at CGK airport. She was the official tour guide throughout our whole trip there, grateful that she is cause she's our savior few times. & for that, many thanks tanteeee! <3


She brought us to Koko Bogana first for breakfast. They serve rice & all, but there's also snacks and it was so sedap. The pulut serunding is to die for! I have no idea where that is. just some lorong somewhere near this one pasar. It' has this hidden cafe-like ambience, which is nice cause there's not much people.


With our tummy filled, it was time for our 2.5hr massage + lulur at Bersih Sehat at Sahid Jaya Hotel. Tante made a booking while we were having our breakfast, just in case. It felt so damn good to have someone work on my stress points to relieve it. It felt even better when she manage to crack my back! I love the fact the she was tender on the parts where I told her it's super sensitive and she did extra at the other parts. Definitely two thumbs up for the service. I should have gotten her name. We paid about Rp 435,000.00 - which I think was worth every penny.

Tip: Ask for their disposable panty so you don't dirty yours during the massage. :) It's chargeable by the way.

Went to Citywalk Sahid to have our hair washed (it was oily after the massage). There was only one salon there so we had no choice but to just do it there. I told the person I wanted to shampoo & condition my hair but she only shampoo-ed my hair. :( Wanted the curl the bottom-half of my hair but tbh, the curls were disappointing. Oh wells.


It was close to 5pm then and Tante brought us to Padang Garuda to have our dinner. It was somewhere near our hotel. I have a feeling it was expensive (don't know the exact amount cause Dion paid - thank you! - and refused to disclose the amount). But the food were just so-so and the meat was not tender. I think they have a few outlets, but this won't be on my list if I happen to return to Jakarta next time.


Finally, we checked in to our hotel! It was a small building and doesn't have any lobby so it's a little difficult especially when it rains. But the staff were helpful and room is nice. :) It was a small, but just nice for us. Unpack some stuffs for the night and tomorrow, after which we just slacked in the room watching ABDC & Despicable Me. 8plus and we started getting ready.

Tip: You need to call their recep to ask for ash tray, hair dryer, etc.

Just as we were about to go out, Rina's shoes malfunctioned so we went to Sarinah which was just nearby to get new shoes for her. I ended up buying one as well. Hahah. The wedge that I brought was too high and I don't feel comfy enough to last in it through the night. Went back to the hotel to dump the old shoes and went to BART for early dinner/drinks before heading out.



BART was alright. It rained earlier so the overview from the top wasn't as amazing. We had to sit by the bar since we didn't make any reservations and it was getting crowded. So ordered, ate and we left. Decide to use GrabCar from our hotel to Plaza Senayan - where X2 is located. The driver asked if we wanted to be dropped off at the front or the back, so we said front, only to be greeted with an empty mall. We should have just dropped at the back, we had to asked several people to get around and pass through the carpark before finally reaching the place.

Tip: Free entry for ladies before 11:30pm. There's a sign for strict dress code at the entrance, but we saw girls with ripped jeans, sneakers and flat pumps inside.


Club only comes to life after 12mn, and closes at 4am. Had our fair share of X2 & Equinox, nice songs but shitty layering. Can't complain much cause it was still good! Love the interior of the club. Sad to leave, but wanted to go off before the crowd leaves. Went down to level 1, and cabs were waiting. No Bluebird, so please do remember to have small change. The driver that we got didn't bother to search for change and instead insist on us giving him Rp 50,000.00 when the fare was only Rp 33,000.00. (-.-)

Got back to the hotel, showered and tucked in for the night. Stay tuned for the next post!

Xox,