CNY '16 Part 2 - Bandung

07/02

Tante called in to our room around 9am for a wake up call (I texted her our room number before I slept just in case we couldn't wake up). She wanted to bring us for breakfast but both of us couldn't get up so we slept in. She call in again at 10plus saying that she's done, I was awake by then - just lazy to get out of bed. Was texting her when she said that she's getting on the same train as us to Bandung and that we have to be at Gambir by 12pm & our train leaves at 12:45pm.

Ignore the timing.
Shocked cause in my head I kept on thinking that our train was at 3pm. I have no idea why but even Tante 1 thought the same! So got out of bed, showered, pack our bags, checkout and off we go to Gambir.



Printed our tickets at their self-service kiosk. Then we had our breakfast at KFC, was feeling super hungry so I ordered 2 piece meal - which comes with rice - but ended up sharing one of the chicken with Rina. Hahaha. Macam paham, I know.


The train was comfy though. Air-conditioned, assigned seats, and they even have TV and food on the train. I slept throughout the journey and 3 hours passed in a blink of an eye. Remember me saying that Tante was our savior? Well, we exit the train and apparently, there's North & South exits at Bandung. We didn't know that we had to exit at the North side, I swear we're lucky Tante & Dion was there. We had to climb up & down few trains and walk across train tracks to get over to the North exit.

Dion found a cab somewhere, not metered. He was charging Rp. 80,000.00 from the station to our hotel in Dago. That was touting ok. It was 4x more than the actual price. But since it was raining and all, we just got in. Tante decided to get another cab from 1O1 Dago to her house somewhere downtown Bandung. Waited for her to get the cab before going up to our room.


 Hello room! Strictly no smoking inside the room, we had to smoke in the balcony whenever we wanted. Tante wanted to bring us out that night but tbh I didn't feel like going out. So we ordered room service and watched ABDC and some other shows. Rina fell asleep a while later so I called it a night as well.

08/02

Our free day in Bandung! Time for TRANS STUDIO! Tante gave us a wake up call again. Hahaha. Woke up, showered and waited for Tante at the lobby. Dion drove us to Trans Studio Mall, so we had our breakfast first with Tante. There was a lot of food choices at the top level of the mall. I was spoiled for choices but ended up choosing Mie Ayam Jamur. Sweet, but with the sambal and the soup, it was nice.


Dion came soon after and they have to go back to Jakarta that evening, so we said our farewells and off we go to the park. Obviously, much better than Ancol. Love their coaster and the atmosphere in there. We got the VIP passes so yay to no queue!

Tip: Dunia Lain - not for the faint hearted. Think of Kuntilanak and Indonesian ghosts.



It rained soon after but I'm glad we got to take the coaster twice. & I love the fact that their 4D simulator ride is in English, even though it was a little draggy. They even have this special effects show which is jaw-dropping cool. Should definitely NOT miss this place when you're in Bandung. More pictures on fb!

We decide to take the cab back to our hotel first before going out to the factory outlets just few streets away from our hotel. There's a lot of factory outlets so you should allocate one day for shopping itself, but since time is a major factor, we only had like 2 hours or so of allocated time for shopping. I'd prefer Heritage cause there's more clothes of my liking, and there's sizes for me. You just need to know where to find it.


Got some clothes, and manage to buy some t-shirts along the street for the usuals and we're back to the hotel. Dump the clothes and went to SODA to have our dinner. The waiter wasn't fluent in English and there Rina is, speaking in her English slang. I was laughing hard and decide not to troll the waiter so I translated it to him. Reality sinks in that our vacation is ending.

Went up at 11pm, packed our bags, and call it a night.

09/02

Woke up on time to get ready and do the final packing. Decide to check-out earlier cause I wanted to go to Kartika Sari to buy crackers and cakes for my family. GrabTaxi this time, and guess how much was the fare from our hotel to Kartika Sari which is just opposite the train station? Rp 17,500.00. Can't believe we paid Rp 80,000.00 the other day. Since there was a minimum fare of Rp 30,000, we asked the driver to wait while we shop for stuffs. In the end, we paid him Rp 45,000.00.

Did a quick re-packing at the station while Rina printed the tickets, then we board the train and I re-packed again. Watched RM during the journey and I slept halfway. It was raining when we reach Gambir, took Bluebird to CGK airport. Cost us Rp 1.1m? Checked-in, then we chilled at this cafe while waiting for the time to board. Again, I told Rina I was super hungry that I ordered nachos after eating spagetthi, but I 'm glad we shared the nachos. Hahaha.

In-flight meal was better on the way back to Singapore. Landed in Singapore soon after and we parted ways after a stick.


Thank you for being a good travel partner. Thank you for being silly and making me laugh always. Thank you for the short getaway! Love ya muchos! Till our next "mau pergi mana?"... ROFL

Xox,