Sorry for the delay, but I wasn't keen on writing for the past weeks. That just happens sometimes. Let me continue on my Japan trip, albeit me losing touch on my memories.
We woke up the second day, excited and looking forward to Harry Potter. Skipped breakfast cause we were somehow late and wanted to catch up on time. Went to Lawsons to look for something light to grab but the queue at Universal Walk was too long.
Mandatory tourist shot. Hahaha. There was a lot and i emphasize again, A LOT of people. At first we thought people are dressing up due to Halloween, but then we got to know that Sunday was their cosplay day and almost every Japanese are dressed as someone or something else. It was amusing.
I recommend everyone who wants to go to USJ to seriously get a FastPass. You may think that it's expensive, but it is worth the price you pay. The queue can go up to 3hours and the rides are less than 2mins. If you're a foreigner that can only speak basic Japanese like "Konichiwa" & "Arigato", please consider skipping the shows as it's mainly in Japanese.
Think I don't have to elaborate on just how excited nenek and her sister was, being in the world of Harry Potter. I was more excited about butterbeers of course. :D The two of them got lots of souvenirs - mainly Harry Potter stuffs (once a HP fan will always be a HP fan).
We decided to head back to our apartment once we finish utilizing our FP and took the necessary pictures. By that time our legs were killing us, especially cause we're wearing boots and it came to the point where we're dragging our feets. Got into our slippers, put away the souvenirs, and off to Dotonburi to hunt for dinner.
Was googling for Halal food and it turns out that this huge crab sign shop was one of them - they only serve crabs. But they were full-house on that day and we found this shop two streets down. It's a sushi shop but not those sushi belts kind. A little expensive, but we were too hungry to try to find some place else.
FYI, there's a lot more food shops there but because nenek & her sister are particular about shops that sells pork too, we had to really filter the shops out.
![]() |
| The famous crab sign - you can never miss this! |
Walked around Dotonburi for a while after eating and we figured we'll return the next day instead to shop since we have one free day in Osaka.
P/S: I bought both my USJ entry ticket and FP tickets online, with the help of google translator. I think it's much more convenient to just print the tickets online then going somewhere in Japan to buy the tickets. I read somewhere that there are times when the tickets are sold out for the day you want to visit, so it's best to buy it way in advance.
I used this website as my guide: http://www.dondelaofertamelleve.com/p/how-to-buy-usj-tickets-online.html
Hope this helps!! :)















