That feelings that makes your heart ache, no matter how much you're over it. The effort that you put in the relationship, trying your best to make things work, to make things better. Thinking day and night about the future. How will it be like, will we pull it through to the end. Despite the arguments that got more edgy and violent as days passed. Swallowing all your nasty comments and still trying to understand you through and through. That moment when you realize that it's not gonna work anymore but you don't wanna grasp that thought and try your hardest to brush it off.
And when you finally let it go, you realize that you're in deeper shit cause he screwed you bad. Bad enough that you try to cry but can't. Bad enough that you don't know how to express your disappointments to anyone else but yourself. Bad enough for you to want to only keep it to yourself and know that it's gonna affect you just as much but trying hard to hold up.
That feeling... will never be forgotten. Kinda serves as a memory to not commit 100% in a relationship unless that guy is man enough to just meet your parents and ask for your hand in marriage.
First I was afraid, I was petrified. Kept thinking I could never live without you by my side. But then I spent so many nights thinking how you did me wrong. And I grew strong and I learned how to carry on.
And you see me, somebody new. I'm not that chained up little person still in love with you. But now I'm saving all my loving for someone who's loving me.
For as long as I know how to love, I know I'll stay alive. I've got all my life to live and I've got all my love to give. And I'll survive, I will survive.
Cause I'm not the person you knew now.
