FANTABULOUS LABOUR DAY WEEKEND

How's your long weekend? Hopefully you're not one of the many that was stuck in the jam trying to exit/enter Singapore.

My weekend was FANTABULOUS - as the title goes. Even though I was tired and worn out to the maximum possible limit, it was indeed fruitful. Here goes nothing, be prepared for a long post!

1) My cousin sister's wedding
It was a horror to find out that there's a lot of thing yet to be done on Thursday evening. I went to her house after work cause my mom asked me to fetch her, but I'm so glad I was there. It was so calming when I just reached her house cause it was basically empty and there's only my mom and one of my aunt's cousin there. But once the rest came home, it was total chaos.

The wedding gifts tray were not ready, it was still bare - just the styrofoam board. So I started the ball rolling and went ahead to decorate the trays. It was definitely rushing, cause apart from the deco, they still have to decide how they're gonna put the items on it. I did it fast enough only to burn my fingers with freaking hot glue. IT WAS SUPER PAINFUL.

The small wedding dais that they planned to have inside the house wasn't ready as well. It was just the skeleton. The cloth that my aunt got to decorate the dais was too light and wasn't long enough to do it as to what they had it mind. Wanted to swap the cloth to flowers, BUT there wasn't enough flowers. My parents had to go home, take more flowers and bring it back to my aun't place so that we can at least finish up another thing.

All in all, we went back past midnight and we came back the next morning to help out with yet a whole lot of other stuff - which could have been done earlier - if it was all planned out nicely. Apart from that, I became the unofficial photographer alongside my cousin and his friend. Still, the ceremony was in a mess cause no one is there to co-ordinate the event.



Even so, I'm proud we pulled thru and Alhamdulillah, she's officially someone's husband now. All of the event's pictures are in my laptop and I'll update this post with more pictures from her solemnization soon.

2) Staycation with the Bangsters
Remember the other day I was talking about this random plan to have a staycation? It actually did happen! & it was super entertaining in many ways, We finally agreed on RELC International Hotel and I'm glad we chose that cause the room was spacious although the location is a little isolated.

Picked up Nad, Ayun & Kira on Saturday afternoon, checked in, did a little setup, changed then went out the send Nad to BSB's concert first. Did a little roaming with the other two before heading to Seah Im to have our dinner. Time passed by so fast and it was already nearing 10pm so we decided to pick up Nad first before heading out to Holiday Inn to get the drinks. We totally forgot that shops don't sell them after 10:30pm and it was already coming 11pm by then.... Well, something basically happen & we're back to our hotel room. *thug life*








The night only gets better and we started playing this game called "King's Cup" introduced by Mark. He was so confident that by the end of the game, someone will end up puking. Well, that didn't happen but it was a close call cause most of them were already super high & decided to have a 10mins break which turns out to be a forever break.


I left noon time the next day while they decide to extend to staycation. Sad to leave but it's time for my family on Sunday.


3) Sunday's Family Day
My mom texted me on Saturday night asking if I want to go out on Sunday since my sis, Amy and the kids are over at my place. So I said okay, it's been a while anyway.

I reached home around 1:30pm, showered, change and we head out to Causeway Point first. Since I've already made plans with Andy to go luggage shopping on Sunday, he met us there and joined us for the entire day.

It so happens that there was a luggage sale by Metro and I was overjoyed when I saw that there's CAT luggage as well! & yes, I end up getting the CAT hard case luggage. SO HAPPY THAT I FINALLY HAVE MY OWN LUGGAGE!!!!

It comes with a free gift - the backpack :)
After which, I suggested to go have a seafood dinner at ECP. The bbq chicken doesn't taste the same anymore. It was overcooked so it was soggy & doesn't have the crisp on it's skin. Disappointed. :( The seafood was so-so but it costs S$90 for two pari, one kangkong, one kailan, one plate of sotong, one plate of cockles, two plates of eggs, one hotplate beancurd. Cheap/Expensive? You decide yourself k.

With bloated tummies, we then went to play bowling at Home Team NS. Jazib was excited and keep on asking if it's his turn but the ball all masok longkang. Hahaha. Cute la this boy. Everyone had their own style when releasing the ball and their reaction is priceless. It was close to midnight so we call it a day after one game for everyone.

Next outing with family - Mother's day. My mom started to hint already. Yesterday when I was having my dinner at home, she was asking "So this Sunday tk pegi mana2 ke?" with a very sad tone. Haiz. Suke nah pkai reverse psychology.