Orlando 2010 - Day 1 (Animal Kingdom)

NOTE:
I’m writing this post in 2016, but changed the posted date to 2010 so that it appears in line. Do note that I’m writing this post as accurate as I can remember, and there will be some notable changes since it’s been 6 years.

=========================================================================================

Waking up in another country is just awesome. You don’t have that feeling of laziness, even if you know that the days ahead are gonna be hectic. Because my parents are earlybirds, we had to wake up early as well.

Showered and got ready for our very first day in Disney’s Animal Kingdom! Went to the hotel’s café for our breakfast (which is a little boring after a week cause all we could eat was toast and eggs). We bought two Disney mugs to bring it along to the theme park. Refilling it cost USD 2.00 each if I’m not wrong.



One thing I love about Disney is the mascots! They say that the kid in you never dies, so it’s really nice to meet and greet them. My sister and I used to have a signature book each, and we’ll ask for the mascot’s autograph. This time we did the same for Tania.





Tania was brave enough to ride of most of the kiddy rides. In fact, she loved them! I don't recall a single time that she cried when she was on any of them. And my parents joined in for some kiddy rides as well. Heheh.



Love this picture!
Like at every Disney park, it's always full of parades. There was one at 3pm (if I'm not mistaken) and since we happen to be resting somewhere near to the route, we joined in the fun.



Oh, during our time in the park, we only have one actual meal - which is lunch. And it's Fish & Chips. If we wanted to snack on something, it's usually just fries, but we try to avoid snacking as much as we can cause it's expensive in the park. Please also know that there is a security check before you enter the park so you can't bring in food (especially the obvious ones). They allow bottled water and there's plenty of water fountains around the park to refill.

WHAT I LIKE:
Thrill Rides: Expedition Everest - Legend of the Forbidden Mountain
Family Rides: Disney Animals Encounter
So apart from that, I can't remember what we had for dinner. I know that we stayed all the way until the park closes or is about to close.

By the way, since we're staying at a Disney resort, we're entitled for the Magic Hour. Magic Hour is a park extension in the morning and is only applicable for resort guests. So sometimes the official time is 10am, but we can enter the park at 8am instead. Which is good cause you get to beat the public crowd, but don't underestimate the resort crowd either. Apart from that, there's also shuttle buses from your hotel to all of the theme parks within Disney World. Yay to no transport fees! :)

Xox,