Scrolling through Facebook one day and saw this in my feed. This hits me hard I guess, cause it's true. Every single bit of it.
Lanaeira. My crown during my secondary school & tertiary days. Nana, Era, Ira - they were the sisters I never had. We spent days arguing/smiling/laughing/crying together. We talked about our ambitions, boys, and everything else we could under the sky. We went places together, we rebel together. We had each other's back, always.
Then somehow, I grew distant. My memories of what happened is very faint, but this was what roughly happened.
Nana - She met Dino, and it was during our party days. Suddenly we just lost contact. Just like that. She changed her number, and I guess she deleted her social accounts. I tried texting her at Skype few times but there wasn't any reply.
Ira & Era - We were planning for a trip to KL (if I remember correctly), then I stopped texting. I went MIA on them. But then we meet again months later for a karaoke session at civic. And that was the last I met them.
And from then, we became ex-best friends. But I have never stopped stalking them, that I have to admit. I was always curious on how they are in present life. Sometimes I wished we never parted ways, but I know that things happen for a reason. Perhaps if we never did parted ways, I would not have cherished every moment I had with them in the past.
This month is a great month for the two of them - Nana & Ira. They got married! Alhamdulillah.
بارك الله لنا و بارك علينا وجمع بيننا في خير
"Semoga Allah memberkahimu dan memberkahi atasmu serta mengumpulkan kamu berdua dalam kebaikan"I know you may think that I don't deserve to say congratulations. But I sincerely wish you both a prosperous marriage life. Congrats to Era too for getting engaged!
I'm sorry for whatever that has happened in our past. I'm sorry Lanaeira didn't last. I'm sorry our friendship halted. Even though I'm no longer a part of your lives, but I have and will always hope only the best for you three - secretly of course.
P/S: Sorry I stole your pictures! & although we can never go back to how we used to be, i love you three still and miss you all so much.
Xox,


