So, Where To?

Earlier this week, HR sent out an email saying that they will credit the PH’s off-in-lieu on 31st January. I was smiling as I read that… until the last line of the email states “you will need to utilise this by 31/03/2017, otherwise this will be forfeited”. Like seriously? We now only have two months to use the OIL which is supposed to be our entitlement or just lose the one day of oh-so-precious-leave just like that?

How am I supposed to react to that? I’ve laid out my plans for this year, and due to school I’ve postponed my travel plans till Q3. The only exception is in April – for Tante’s wedding in Jakarta. Even so, we’re only going over the long Easter weekend and will not be taking any leave.

I was hoping to utilize it for my EOY trip, and I plan to be away for 3 weeks so obviously that thing is precious to me. Thank you management. Like, seriously here’s my huge-ass sarcastic thank you for being an asshole when it comes to leaves.

Now, how shall I utilize this one day that they’re pushing people to take within the next two months? KL? When should I use it? This is so fucked up.

Xox,