Month 11, 2016.


November. Less than 60 days till the end of the year, again. It seems fast when I think about it but the actual fact is that every minute seemed like an hour. Do you get what I mean?

Honestly, what did I accomplish this year? Apart from getting a warning letter at work, nothing else changes. There’s no improvement to my current well-being either. Then it got me thinking, why am I not happy? The ties with my family are stronger than before, my friends are still there for me and I still have a job, so why am I unhappy?

Should I jump for reals? Does it all come down to money? Right now the probability of staying vs. leaving is 30:70. I’ve been saying this plenty of times, but seriously… I don’t have any motivation left to come to work. Like the only reason I’m getting up early these days is to save on cab fares. And the only reason why I still have to go to work every day is to keep my monthly cash flow running.

I’ll turn 3 here this coming December, but my gut feeling tells me that 3 years is enough. It’s telling me to jump. At the end of the day, when you compare what you do versus what you get, you’d wish for a little more. A bit more of leave, or a bit more of increment. Just, something more. I guess it’s in human nature to tend to get greedy after a while. But is it worth to work and not get paid (enough)?

There’s always replacement. We have to remember that someone is always better than us. And our job can never replace our family and friends, or the time we did not spend with them. How long do you think your ex-colleague will linger over your absence? Probably a day or two, and they’ll move on with the new person taking over your job. I mean, I’m not telling people to stop working, but work where it can benefit you.

Although I have to agree that even with a good paying job, you may end up not liking it. Why? Because of the people and the environment. That’s what I think I’ll miss the most. I’ll miss my crazy ass colleagues who can make me laugh and calm me down. I’ll miss the gossips and the politics. I'll miss how open we all are with each other. It’s hard, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

I’ll give it a little more time to ponder. But 4 years? Not sure I can even last that long. Until next.

Xox,