Phuket 2016

Good morning people. I’m finally here to blog about my recent trip to Phuket! :D :D :D

I guess you’re able to predict that it was good from all the smileys. Well, that was because it was superb indeed! I was so happy that I made the choice to just go on another trip after Bangkok.

How it happened? I was browsing thru Skyscanner during my free time at work one day, looking at the cheaper destinations during the long weekend. Phuket was one of them, and Malaysia Airlines (MH) was at the top of the list. I checked the budget airlines too, but they were all more expensive that MH. So.. it kind of just happen. I purchased the flight tickets!

Then it was time to look for hotel. It was my first time there so I wanted to experience Patong Beach – since it was the most popular place. I ended up placing my booking at The Crib Patong, a hotel which Rina stayed at previously.

After that, it was a waiting game. The few weeks took what seemed forever! Was so so so elated when that Friday came.

30/03
My flight was scheduled at 13:40hrs from Singapore, with a transit in KL for approx. 1.5h. I checked in online two days back so it was a breeze to just drop off my luggage. Had time to wander in the transit area before boarding. The sad part was, I only had 1 stick left, and the airports (both SIN & KUL) do not sell 1 pack. I had to just walk around and sip coffee during my layover at KL.


Flight got delayed for 25mins at the tarmac before take-off due to bad weather. Watched How To Be Single on board. Great show! But I missed the end, so think I’ll watch the last bit online soon.


Finally in Phuket yo! I got a shock when I saw the queue for the immigration clearance. Human traffic. Think it took me about 30-40mins max to clear. Grab my luggage and went out to take the shuttle to Patong. It was supposed to be an hour ride, but since the driver was speeding, I got there much earlier.




Checked in, freshen up, and I went out again to just get a glimpse of the streets there at night. Didn’t feel like wandering too far off, so I grab a Chicken Kebab for dinner and some drinks at 7-11 & of course, my cigarettes before calling it a night.


Hotel Deposit: THB 1,000.00
Chicken Kebab: THB 100.00
Cigarettes: THB 125.00
Expenses at 7-11: ~ THB 150.00
Day 0 Total: THB 1,375.00

01/04
I don’t usually wake up late when I’m overseas, but guess I was too tired. I woke up around 9am. Showered, and went out. Was appalled by how quiet it was despite it being a Sunday morning, and it was close to 11am. So I decide to head to Jungceylon – still relatively empty, although I do see a few souls.



Wanted to look for my mom’s crocs but it was much more expensive there than in Singapore. I ended up buying shades there instead. Hahaha. Did I tell you? My Prada shades is handicapped now. There’s this small strip at the shade’s frame support that was missing, causing the left support to open more than it should. Disappointed cause that shade has a sentimental value, and that model is not available in Singapore = no repairs/re-adjustment.

Back to my trip. Getting hungry by then, and the was walking along the street when I saw a signboard. Indian shop with Thai food. Yup, having my breakfast (more like lunch) there. Food was so-so, but the deep-fried squid was a winner. Felt that the Tom Yam was not as impressive.


The clouds started to roll in and I didn’t bring the hotel’s umbrella with me. So I wanted to head back to the hotel, but it turns out to be a passing cloud. Walked to the beach, Bangla Street was deserted (read: *krik krik*). Sun was blazing now, and I was sweating a lot. Loved how it wasn’t crowded. People were doing watersports & I just watched while playing with sand. The hagglers weren’t aggressive – another plus point. Couldn’t take the heat, so decided to walk back.


Saw the ice-cream rolls, and I bought one!

Then I saw the Kebab shop that Rina said she’ll die for. Got the small chicken kebab and head back to the hotel. & since it was only like hmm, 2pm? I went for an hour foot massage at the parlor just opposite The Crib. Her hands were magical! I fell asleep during the massage and they even throw in a short 10mins neck, shoulder and hand massage.


Went back to the hotel, watched TV, and I think I dozed off for a short while. Woke up close to 7pm, showered and head out again. Now I see many more souls! Was so tempted to watch the Muay Thai, but the tickets for the next day was cheaper so I brushed it off. Walked to the Bangla street and now I see lights and hear loud music blasting. 


Had my dinner at this another Indian shop – this time I ate Pad Thai and deep-fried vegetables. Will not recommend you to this place, the food was tasteless and it’s not cheap either. Got my banana Nutella pancake, then walked to the night market at Banzaan Market. They have seafood and street foods there. Some clothes and shoes, but none to my liking. Called it a night.



Shades: THB 300.00
Brunch: THB 520.00
Ice-Cream Rolls: THB 100.00
Small Chicken Kebab: THB 100.00
1hr Foot Massage: THB 300.00 + THB 50.00 (tip)
Dinner: THB 280.00
Pancake: THB 80.00
Day 1 Total: THB 1,730.00

02/04
Woke up late again. This time I went out from the room a little later. Went to buy the shuttle bus tickets for the ride back home first. This time, I went to the shop on the opposite side of the street from where I had my lunch the previous day. The food and price was on the same par.



Walked through the shops right outside to think of the souvenirs I need to get. Saw these cute elephant dresses and some other stuff, but decide to return at night after more shops open. Went back to the other street to get a kebab from another shop (just in case you’re wondering why I’m always eating kebabs – that’s because I told myself to try one from each shop. Hahaha).

Afternoon passed, and I went out again at night to get my souvenirs. Bargain master *kening up*. Got the normal travel loots for my family members. Then went to the boxing stadium to buy tickets for the fight, but apparently the show was cancelled that night. :( Just not destined for me.

Had street seafood for my dinner. It smells nice, but the taste is not as good as the smell albeit cheaper. Took my time to digest the food, then went back to the hotel to pack my bags for the next day.


Shuttle Bus: THB 200.00
Lunch: THB 300.00
Kebab with Cheese: THB 120.00
Travel Loots: THB 1,600.00
Seafood: THB 310.00
Day 2 Total: THB 1,910.00

03/04
Checked-out at 12nn. Went out to have my brunch, it was the nicest amongst all the shop I’ve been to the previous days. The iced coffee is to die for!



Went to the massage parlor again to have my 1hr massage. The shuttle bus came at 2:30pm, just on time. Reached the airport by 4pm. I’m glad to have checked in online again, cause the queue for MH was super long when I reached. The bag drop queue was relatively shorter. Checked in, smoked, then off I go.





Lunch: THB 200.00
1hr Foot Massage: THB 300.00 + THB 50.00 (tip)
Day 3 Total: THB 0 – I used the hotel deposit money that was returned to me

Reached my house close to 2am, and I didn’t even unpack. Showered and fell asleep instantly. So yes, that was my short trip to Phuket. Boring right? But it was really good for me. To just do nothing and eat and chill and massage. Just what I had in mind. I listed down my expenses just for my own reference – in case I want to return to Phuket (which I might).

Flight & Hotel: SGD 368.20
Expenses: THB 5,015.00 / SGD 200.60
Total: SGD 568.80

Till my next.

Xox,