Everyone has goals. One of the goals I set for myself was to own a car before I got married. So it was 2013, and there was this period when the government lifted the laws for the hefty 40% downpayment for second hand cars. I remember telling my parents I wanted to go survey for cars. We were chiong-ing every weekend to lookout for my "ideal" car. To be honest, I didn't know what I wanted back then. Just something not too pakcik-ish kinda cars and nothing fancy either.
I remember I was on the verge of just giving up, because no cars caught my eyes. Bear in mind that I was looking out for second-hand cars so I had to look at the cars the dealers have. Then we decide to walk on the back lane at Commonwealth car mart. Which was when I saw my baby for the first time. Guess you can call it love at first sight? Cause I really did fell in love with it, both interior and exterior. Even the car plate number is awesome.
No time to be wasted, we did all the paperwork and tadaaaaaa, I did it. Achieved my goal! Got the keys to Shera on 2nd May 2013.
Was fully utilizing Shera when I was working in Antiants cause there's free parking and no ERP. It was the best thing ever cause you literally can't say that you don't have money to go to work (there was a finance situation before I got Shera) or use laziness as an excuse. Wake up late? It's only 15mins max to reach my workplace.
Having it was a breeze, especially since my two girls are working shift and sometimes I meet them after their afternoon shift, so no cab fare to worry about. I can go anywhere, anytime. Well, sometimes we got an unofficial photoshoot, like below.
I prim her up, she got new lights, new shades, new dashboard cover. She was pretty.
Then I changed jobs, and she was not fully utilized. So I decided to rent her out and she brought me more income than loss. I could be earning an extra $1k every two weeks.
But she's getting older and every now and then she has breakdowns. I remember the time when my mom called to say her tire tercabut and we had to bring her to the workshop. Well, there's many other breakdowns apart from the tire - like the engine stuff, etc. Even so, she still did a good job when she has to be used.
I was a little sad as I see her being taken away, but well. I have to set my new priorities right, and unfortunately having a car now seems to fall on liability instead. I've spent most of my savings on her, but now I'll have time to build it back.
Shera has been great. I'll miss having you around. Not sure if I'll see you on the road somewhere but for now, it's goodbye.
Xox,







