A best friend's wedding...

بَارَكَ اللّهُ لَكَ وَبَارَكَ عَلَيكَ وَجَمَعَ بَينَكُمَا فِى خَيرٍ
Barakallahu laka wa baaraka 'alaika wa jam'a bainakuma fi khair
(May Allah bless you and bless your counterpart and may Allah tie your union with virtue)

03/02
Took unplanned half day leave to help out the BTB with her last minute chores. It was her henna day so she can't do much. Princess was already there when I reach. So we were going through the itinerary for the weekend. At that time, I thought that the itinerary was just for personal reference, who knew that it played a crucial part during the day itself.

Anyway, back to that day. Princess and myself went out to get her props for her photoshoot in the evening, then we went back to finish up the itinerary. It was time for me to go home, but she needed to do the room decoration. I saw that expression on her face, which made me left with a heavy heart. I know that I was needed, but I really need to leave that day. :/



04/02
I came over after work. Her room deco was 3/4 done, thanks to Princess since she slept over the night before. Finished up the room deco, then we went down to hang up the event posters. Smurfette told us that we can leave after that cause most of her cousins are there to help out.

05/02
Her solemnization day. I woke up at 9:30am, and was supposed to be at her place by 11am. But AH was late, and I had to wait for him. By the time I went up to her place, she was all ready to go out. I witnessed a split second moment of Bridezilla just before she left the house :/ Alhamdulillah, they were legal with the Groom getting it right in the first instance.

Wanted to upload the nikah video here, but somehow it turned upside down upon transferring the video from my phone to the computer. Will upload it once I have it fixed!

We were asked to stay until 4pm to help clear the plates, but we left around 3pm since there's not much people left and it's all her family members.


06/02
Woke up on time! :) :) Reached Smurfette's house by 9am, just as planned. Had breakfast, then her cousin dolled us up.

Went through the itinerary again with Princess to ensure that we get the things inside our head. We had a hunch that we will need all the patience and luck for the event to go through smoothly.







& it's a wrap!
There was plenty of hiccups along the way, but I'm so glad that I'm "working" with the most accommodating people from the Bride's side.

I don't remember how many times I was so carried away being pissed off and was ranting away whilst in the car and in the presence of the photographer and Izyan. Princess did the same thing also, cause we were so used to it with each other but we're so lucky that they understand us! We even got close throughout the trip from Woodlands to Pasir Ris and back. Da jadi girlfriendssss with the photographer.

All the sweat, the anger, the patience was worth it when we're back and we got the thumbs up from the Bride's parents and her relatives. It was worth every second to see how Smurfette was smiling from ear to ear as the day ends.

Mad love for this picture. ♥
So here's a shout-out to:

HUDA: For the make-up. I love how it looks natural in the pictures, although I have to admit it felt a little heavy at first. Maybe it was because I wasn't used to wearing make-up what more thick make-up. But it all blends it well after the oxidization.

AIN: For helping us with the coordination and doing a great job at it. Thank you also for helping out with the our make up base and carrying the baju back to Woodlands.

IZYAN: For the hospitality even though it was our first time meeting and working with each other. You definitely made our day by making us laugh each time we were stressed out and it shows on our faces. Thank you for being the other and perfect Bridesmaid. Things would have been different should it be someone else.

AZFIAN: For the great pictures and for helping us out along the way. Thank you for accommodating to our strict timings and even helping us to rush/stop people when it's time. Thank you for being a girlfriend during our trip to and fro. Thank you for being friendly and making us feel at ease.

Also, this is our vendor opinion after the over-seeing the whole event,

YES: to Azfian Anuar Photography services. He is definitely a great guy to work with and after looking through his pictures of this and past event, it's definitely a thumbs up from us.

NO: to Signature Bridal / Deco. Many things happened and we are definitely not happy the baju that looks yellowish and is koyak. Not happy about how the MUA are not initiative and attentive to our Bride. Not happy at how the dais' chair's diamond came off and were not attended to even after the Bride called them up. Their food was okay though, so I guess if it's just the catering, then it's okay.

Last but no least, here's to Nazilah aka Smurfette -

I'm so happy for you love. You made it, despite all the challenges you faced. I can only wish for your happiness and that your marriage to last till jannah. Do know that I'm still and will always be here for you. You can still call me anytime you want. We can still hang out together and catch up whenever you're free and feel like having a listening ear. Your marriage is not a barrier for our friendship. I know that your husband is now a priority before me & Princess, but friendship is never measured by the amount of calls, texts and meetups. I'll always be your teletubby aka the gangster and will always have your back. Thank you for trusting me to being the key person on your big day. Love you muchos.

I don't have any recent pictures of us. Haha. Love ya!
Xox,