Hello earthlings.
On Saturday, Andy and myself decided to go fishing. It's been some time that we chill by the sea anyway..
He checked the tide and we agreed to go out after 7pm. Deep-fried some nuggets and packed some snacks and we're all good to go. But then, just then, I wanted to get some sushi and sashimi as well, so we stopped by Giant Tampines.
We went to Changi Boardwalk cause he said that there's been a lot of catches recently there. Lucky enough for us, there weren't much people there, and there's ample space for us to fish (I hate it when it's crowded cause you have to squeeze thru and your lines will tend to get tangled with others).
First thing we did - have our dinner of course!
![]() |
| Officially a sushi & sashimi addict. :) |
Anyway, after eating Andy set up the small rod first cause he said that he wanted to try luring first.. Lucky him, that's the only thing that he did for the first half hour or something.
Me being me, I fell asleep shortly after dinner. I woke up when it started to drizzle.. Andy immediately shouted "you! put the phone and cigarette into the waterproof bag now!". Dazed, I quickly did and right after i did that, it started to pour. Heavily!!
There was not much things to pack so I wore my windbreaker, zip it up to the fullest, put on the hood, grabbed as much things as I could, and we made our way to the shelter. The wind was blowing strongly and there were thunderstorms. It was scary cause it was hard to walk forward!
Andy was drenched from head to toe and I was drenched on the lower half. We stayed under the shelter for about an hour or so before the rain stopped then we walked back to the van. I changed straightaway cause the feeling of wet jeans was killing me!. Nasib baik bawak extra clothes. Kalau tak have to bare with it until I reach home. :/
We chilled in the van while waiting for the weather to clear, but it took quite some time. Before we know it, it was already dawn and we've yet to officially fish. That was when Andy decided to head over to ECP instead.
![]() |
| 7:30am face. |
The weather was better in the morning. The sun was starting to shine and both of us were hyped up for real now.. Although I did fall asleep again while he was setting up the rods. But then once I started to fish, luck was on my side. :)
I got a total of 9 catches, 7 of which are of different species. Sadly, all of those that I caught were still baby fishes, so I tak smpai hati nak take them. Instead, I throw them back into the sea for them to live.. :D
Shall be back to catch bigger ones soon! Definitely...



