The Outdated Zooom Korea - Departure from Singapore

My first travel destination early this year was to South Korea with my ladies. I thought of blogging about it but apparently I keep on procrastinating. So here it goes. Brace yourself for a long post people! Or maybe not - I'll break it down to a few post - see how later la eh.

Sooo, why S.Korea? Idk. Guess the ladies were into K-pop and K-actors/actresses during out meet up last year and coincidentally they were planning to go Korea so I was "invited" to come along. (Actually it was more cause I have been MIA for a very long time after leaving ICA.. I met them again after one year plus or so?)

In December 2013, we bought our flight tickets *IT WAS MAS BTW*. And in Jan/Feb we booked our apartment thru Airbnb. I didn't purchase travel insurance initially but after MH370 & a few other minor MH glitches, we decided it was compulsory.

I'm glad we bought insurance. Will elaborate on it later..

April finally arrived and we met again on 10th April 2014 at Changi Airport, all excited and set for our Korea Adventure.




My family and Andy accompanied me to the airport to send me off. Sweet aren't they? The kids were practically wailing once I went thru the immigration counters and my mom was tearing (although she was trying to hide the fact).

Princess, Myself & Smurfette <3
We were definitely nervous and I was a little skeptical at that point of time due to the fact that MAS has been having a lot of minor technical glitches here and there but I disregard the feelings immediately cause I know that I'm going to have fun!

BOOOO! IT WAS WRONG IN EVERY WAY ON OUR JOURNEY TO S.KOREA. EVERY FREAKING WAY POSSIBLE!!!

To summarize it all up;
  • On our first leg of the journey (SIN-KUL), our plane didn't get the green light to land even though we reached KL earlier and we end up landing 10-15mins past our landing time.
  • The connecting flight's gate was switched at the very last minute and the passengers wasn't informed of the changes. Note: We ran from the skytrain to the initial gate cause the gate was closing soon. Upon reaching, the notice board reflects the new gate and we had to run all the way to the other end (near to where the skytrain was).
  • I was showed to my seat but the steward actually placed me in another seat cause another guy was in my seat and for that I got brushed off by the person who is supposed to be in his seat. The steward was watching free drama until I raised my voice and say that someone else was in my seat. The head steward then shoo-ed that guy off my original seat.
  • Upon arrival at Incheon Airport, our baggages were missing. Turns out that those our baggages were still in KL and that it didn't make it to the planes due to the tightened security checks. There was about roughly 10 of us and we were all on SIN-KUL, KUL-INC
  • MAS representative mentioned that he couldn't help us as there were no cash & he can only remit us the compensation amount provided we have a Korean bank account.
& so... without our necessities and clothes, first thing we did was to source for a jacket for Princess cause hers was packed in her luggage and we bought charger as well.. Our phones were running out of battery due to calling and texting - updating our parents on what happened. After that we left for Itaewon. 


Above is how we looked like after 7hours of flight time. Burok tahap maximum! Can't help it since we were too stressed about our missing baggage.

To be continued....