I’m writing this post in 2016, but changed the
posted date to 2011 so that it appears in line. Do note that I’m writing this
post as accurate as I can remember, and there will be some notable changes
since it’s been 5 years.
Prices stated are however, as of present day as I can’t possibly
find out the exact amount we spent back then.
=========================================================================================
Our next family trip after the birth of my nephew,
Jazib Noor Danish. Our initial plan was to go to states again. This time aiming
for Los Angeles and Las Vegas (!!) but we had to cancel our plans last minute
because Amy just started his new job, and finance was tight on my sister’s
family – especially since they have a new addition to their family.
So because we still wanted to go to a place that has
theme parks and everyone agreed that Asia wasn’t in the list, it’s set on
Australia. To be specific – Gold Coast and Sydney.
Again, because I was working shifts back then, I had
no time to plan for the trip thus my sister arranged it all with my mom.
Travel Dates: 27th Nov 2011 – 9th
Dec 2011
Flight Details: As per the following screenshot for
my sister, Amy, Jazib and myself. It should be the same as much as I can
recall.
and
Flight Details: As per the following screenshot for
my parents (they were travelling for free still)
Hotel: Sheraton Mirage Resort & Spa
Rough Itinerary: As per the following screenshot
COST
-
ETA Application (Visa Waiver for entry into AU): AUD
20.00 per applicant
** official website: ETA
Flight (SQ): FOC – staff benefits
Flight (MH): ~ SGD 850.00 per adult, 25% off for
child
Flight (JS): ~ SGD 150.00 per adult, 25% off for child
Bus (GreyHound): ~SGD 50.00 per adult
Hotel (2 rooms): FOC – timeshare benefits
Park Tickets (1 Park per Day, excluding tax):
Movie World & Sea World: AUD 90.00 per adult
Dream World: AUD 85.00 per adult
Food: ~ AUD 10.00 average per meal per person
Throughout our days there, we utilized the buses and trains as our primary means of transportation. Actually, there wasn't a time that I can recall us not using it. The buses were convenient and there's a stop which was right in front of our hotels. Yay to convenience. :) Can't really remember how much was the fare per trip but think it was about AUD 2.00 or lesser?
This is just an overview of the whole trip; I’ll elaborate more on the days as I touch on it. Gold Coast and Sydney is a nice place, but I don't really like fancy it that much. If I were to return, maybe only because of the parks.
Xox,




