Future Reminder.

My cousin sister gave birth to a healthy baby girl last Friday!

مبروك لطفلك الجديد

So this little baby girl is now my fourth anak sedara. Best part, she's born in the year of goat too. Mbekkkkk. :D My uncle was saying that he knows how she's gonna be like when she grows up. Not sure if he meant it in a good or bad way though. Hahah.

Anyway. The future reminder for myself: TO NOT ALLOW PEOPLE TO VISIT ME RIGHT AFTER GIVING BIRTH (ok lah, limited to the super closest family and friends).

Reason? Well, I saw people being utterly disrespectful to my cousin like one day after giving birth! My cousin is a woman who learns islamic studies overseas and dons the hijab. She's not the type who flaunts her assets nor dress well enough to attract people's eyes. So there she was, a rookie mom, without her mom by her side and needs guidance on breastfeeding.

My sister and myself closed the curtains so that she feels safe and comfortable enough to breastfeed her baby BUT I guess some people just choose to be idiots and step in. Hey, I really dgaf if you're her best friend or sisterzzzzz for life but babe, spare a thought. You might be comfy flashing your tits around people (even though it's for breastfeeding) but she's not. She literally froze the whole time you stepped in and tried her best to cover her breasts and you just can't seem to digest it.

That's not the end of it. The second time, a close neighbour/childhood friend came along with her parents to visit her. & again, it just so happens that it's time to breastfeed again, So my sister and I closed to curtains again. This girl, she refused to go out and was standing beside my cousin even after her dad called her out. You know what her response was? "Tak nak, nak tengok!" I feel like slapping her face BUT the next second her mom came in to watch as well! I mean.. my aunt was outside the whole time she was breastfeeding! Her own freaking mom was outside. So why you all so KEPO?? & there she is, my poor cousin, trying her best to still breastfeed her daughter despite being uncomfortable.

So yes, here's a future reminder to myself to turn down thoughtless people if I ever get married and have kids. I mean, if you all gatal sangat nak tengok tetek kene nyot2, then go ask your bf/husb to do it with yours. Give space to feeding moms. Give them the respect and privacy they need. I seriously don't give two hoots if you're a neighbour or friend or even related.

Xox,