The First Weekend

Sup.

31/12 - 01/01

I spent my New Year in a weirdly fun way this year. No fireworks, no crowds. Just me and my sister and Amy and Syina and Ab and Abg and two mats (sorry, I don't know their names). It was late, close to 11pm when Amy fetched me and they wanted to go to Supperclub at Changi to have their late dinner.

By the time we reach and they placed their orders, people from the other table were shouting 3,2,1, HAPPY NEW YEARRRRRRR. & we were like, oh? da new year? Hahahah. After that we went to Bottle Tree Park (or what use to be that - think they rename it to something else) and crack lame jokes that we all laugh to. Lepak until 4am before making our way home.

02/01

Met the nek in the afternoon to watch Dilwale. Show was fantastic and the OST(s) are addictive. You should all watch this movie. It was good to finally watch two of the veteran actors act again.

Went out with #gengbirdghost in the evening - full squad this time, along with Amy's parents - to ECP. Nen nen wanted to blanja seafood and bowling. Food was coming in back to back and our tables were too full that we really can't finish them all. Bowl centre that we wanted to go was fully booked, so alternate plan was to karaoke at Ming Arcade.





It was a fun night, but I'll tell you something.

You know how they say to not judge a book by its cover? Yes, it works the best. My family, including myself, never did get along with Amy's family from the start. It was a bad start to my sister and Amy's relationship. There were tension everywhere and we avoided contact at every possible moment. I remember still how blunt I was back then and I cursed and swear at Amy for the slightest mistakes he did, I told his parents off at their house and I hated them to the very core. We seldom talk, what more hang out together.

I don't know how, I don't know when, but I think I started to melo down somewhere after I broke up with my ex. Only then we started to get long, but still there were times that I just can't control myself. Guess it just came within myself to put aside the differences and start to accept him slowly. He is after all, my sister's husband.

Given this new year, I hope that I'll be able to put aside all my silent grudges or anger and be more positive in every possible way. I mean, it's not like I get to live forever right?

xox,