Japan: Day 8

Remember I said we went back early to pack our luggage? We didn't really pack pack because of the tax refund thing... Like when I bought the kimono at Osaka, there was a slip that the shopkeeper included in the paper bag, on which stating that we are to show the customs the things bought as per receipt at the airport.

So that was why we just packed as much as we could cause most of our stuffs are all tax-free. & that became a hassle for us cause we had too many things to carry!!!



Once we're at the airport, the information counter said that we don't have to show our goods to the customs PLUS there was no actual customs counter. (-.-) Lucky I suggested to go to the airport earlier since we will have to repack again before check-in.

So yes I after repacking, I only have one large paper bag and my backpack. The black sling bag and the initial things inside the bigger paper bag managed to fit inside my luggage! Can you believe it? & it was only 15kg. Hahaha, Damn, I can never go above 20kg! But, I bought plenty snacks at the airport so I checked in another box (FOC on Delta).



Had our late lunch at the airport before boarding. & we bought more souvenirs with the balance yen we had. I don't really fancy keeping the balance foreign currencies unless I frequent the country (like M'sia).
Delta's Muslim meal on board.
Overall, I can say that it was a fruitful trip, especially because I got to go to most of the places I planned. My priority for this trip was more to the theme parks instead of sightseeing, so I wasn't as disappointed when I didn't get to visit Kyoto and the many other beautiful scenery.

The cities I went to were really safe (just avoid going to the red light district if you're alone or are a group of girls - the foreign bapak ayam are scary as shit), and Japanese are really nice and hold their culture and tradition high. If you ask me which city I prefer, I will say Osaka because it's more laid back and less crowded than Tokyo. Still, I miss Tokyo more than I miss Osaka. Ironic isn't it?

For Muslim travellers, I guess you can survive on the usual Turkish/middle East dishes like kebabs & all cause there's more of those than local Japanese cuisine. Those places that serves halal Japanese usually cost slightly more, but if you're okay with it then I guess you will be fine. Do note that some of the restaurants that sells halal food serves alcohol as well, so you decide for yourself. Sushi belt chains mostly sells sushi & sashimi (which means no pork), but some chains do have pork sushi on their menu.

Lawsons, Family Mart & other convenient stores sells a lot of things. Even ready-to-eat rice & eggs. Then there's vending machines everywhere selling different things. I tried the two below and it's not bad, quite delicious actually. The ones at train stations may have translation, but the ones at the normal mart may not have it so here are the two that you can feel safe to eat. There's chicken as well, but I guess fish are more.... safe.

From left: Tuna with mayo, Salmon
So, the bonus question - will I return to Japan? Definitely YES. Without a doubt. But this time I will spend one day at Mount Fuji to finish up the rides that I never got to experience, and the other days will mainly be sightseeing.

Next year maybe? :)